- Jack Hannahan didn’t play all week due to back tightness. He wasn’t placed on the disabled list.
- On Monday, RHP Dan Wheeler was designated for assignment and RHP Jeremy Accardo was promoted from Triple-A Columbus.
- Grady Sizemore, who is eligible to come off the disabled list on June 3, began getting work during the early stages of batting practice on Wednesday.
- Josh Tomlin, who is on the disabled list with right wrist inflammation, began playing catch up to 75 feet on Friday.
- Brian previewed the series with the Minnesota Twins and the series with the Seattle Mariners and Merritt previewed the series with the Miami Marlins
- Lewie interviewed Nate Gilmore from Puckett’s Pond about the Twins, Harrison Crow from Sodo Mojo about the Mariners and Ehsan Kassim from Marlin Maniac about the Marlins
- Brian analyzed the reasons why the Indians are last place in the majors in attendance
- Geordy explained why Indians fans need to move on from the Ubaldo Jimenez trade that sent Alex White and Drew Pomeranz to the Rockies
- In this week’s Wroundtable, we discussed who should leadoff for the Indians
- During Derek Lowe’s complete-game shutout on Tuesday, he did not strike out one batter.
- On Friday, Carlos Santana became just the third Tribe catcher to throw out three base runners in the same game over the last fifteen years.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Manny knows I’m going to be 39, not 19, right?”- Derek Lowe remembered saying during a visit to the mound as his pitch count neared 100 during his shutout performance on Tuesday.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jeanmar Gomez
Jeanmar Gomez put the Indians in a position to win in both of his starts in the last week. Gomez didn’t allow an earned run in either start over 13.1 innings. Overall, he allowed six hits and five walks. Gomez’s dominant start on Saturday was vital for the Tribe with only two runs from his offense to back him up.