- The Indians’ Triple-A affiliate will remain in Columbus through at least 2016. The team signed a contract extension with Columbus on Monday.
- David Huff, Scott Maine, Cord Phelps and Vinny Rottino became September call-ups on Tuesday.
- Lonnie Chisenhall was activated from the disabled list on Sunday. He last appeared in a game on June30, when a pitch broke his right forearm.
- Carlos Carrasco underwent Tommy John surgery last September. He made his first appearance since the surgery on Wednesday with Double-A Akron.
- Chris Perez found himself in hot water again after making comments about the ownership and management to FoxSports.com.
WAHOO’S ON FIRST HIGHLIGHTS:
- Merritt previewed the series with the Tigers and the series with the Twins
- Evan explained why Brandon McCarthy would be a good fit with the Tribe
- Steve argued that Melky Cabrera would be a perfect fit for the Tribe
- Lewie provides a rebuttal to Chris Perez’ most recent attack on the Indians
- Evan explained why the Indians should sign J.P. Howell
- In this week’s Wroundtable, we discussed the Indians’ potential 2013 rotation
- Lewie interviewed Nate Gilmore of Puckett’s Pond about the Twins
- Corey Kluber recorded his first Major League win on Monday.
- Cody Allen got his first Major League hold on Monday.
- The Indians had four stolen bases on Monday, which were a season-high.
- Michael Brantley tied his father, Mickey Brantley’s, career high for RBI in one season at 56 on Wednesday. He surpassed him on Friday.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Russ Canzler
Canzler is making his case for a spot on the 2013 roster. This week, he helped the Tribe to victory. In five games, he had a .368 average with three RBI, a double, a home run and a walk. His home run put the Indians back into the game on Friday nigh
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“We all have different DNA’s. We just have to live with each other. You deal with it the best way we can. I really don’t pay attention to much of that stuff. What really concerns me is that in the ninth inning, when he needs to save the game he comes in and gets it. The rest of the stuff we handle internally.” –Manny Acta on Chris Perez