- Lonnie Chisenhall returned to the lineup on Monday night. In his third at-bat, he sent a ball over the fence for a home run.
- The 2013 schedule was released on Wednesday. The season will open on April 2 in Toronto for the Tribe. The Home Opener will take place on April 8 against the New York Yankees.
- Asdrubal Cabrera missed time this week for a sore wrist, but he returned to the lineup on Saturday.
WAHOO’S ON FIRST HIGHLIGHTS:
- Brian questioned whether the Dolans should trade the Indians
- Lewie explained why it’s good to have Lonnie Chisenhall back in the lineup
- Brian previewed the series with the Rangers and the series with the Tigers
- Lewie interviewed Jared Book of Nolan Writin’ about the Rangers
- Merritt talked about Chris Antonetti and the risks that he has taken
- Evan argued for the Indians should sign Jeremy Guthrie
- Lewie makes a case for why Manny Acta should be fired
- In this week’s Wroundtable, we discussed the appropriateness of Chris Perez’ recent comments
- The Indians are 2-75 when trailing after eight innings after Thursday night’s win against the Rangers.
- Ubaldo Jimenez has a Major-League leading 16 losses this season.
- The Akron Aeros captured the Double-A Eastern League Championship on Friday night with a 6-1 victory over Trenton. It is their fourth Eastern League Championship since relocating in 1989.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Lonnie Chisenhall
Chisenhall provided fireworks on Sunday afternoon with a walk-off single. In his return to the lineup on Monday after a stint on the DL, Chisenhall homered. This past week, he had a total of four RBI over seven games.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“I got one from Verlander. And I survived.” – Jason Donald on the pitch he took to the forearm on Friday.