- On Tuesday, the Indians shut down reliever Rafael Perez for the remainder of the season.
- Jason Kipnis received the 2012 Roberto Clemente Award nomination for the Indians.
- Travis Hafner returned to the lineup on Wednesday after a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
WAHOO’S ON FIRST HIGHLIGHTS:
- Merritt shared his thoughts on the Indians’ lack of passion this season
- Lewie explained why Zach McAllister is not the prototypical pitcher to lead the league in unearned runs and why that matters
- Brian previewed the series with the Twins and Merritt previewed the series with the Royals
- Lewie interviewed Nate Gilmore of Puckett’s Pond about the Twins
- Evan explained why the Indians should sign Mark Reynolds
- Katie listed the lessons that she’s learned as a Tribe fan
- In this week’s Wroundtable, we discussed whether the Indians should fire Manny Acta
- The Indians set a franchise record on Tuesday for the most pitchers used in a single game with 10. David Huff, Chris Seddon, Frank Hermann, Cody Allen, Scott Barnes, Vinnie Pestano, Chris Perez, Joe Smith, Esmil Rogers and Scott Maine each made an appearance in the 12-inning game.
- With the win on Sunday, the Indians have won four consecutive series finales, which is a season-high. The most recent time that the Tribe has been able to string together such a streak was in August of 2009.
- The Tribe is currently in the midst of their final road trip of the season. The Indians will head to Chicago to face the White Sox this week for their final games on the road this season.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Carlos Santana
Santana had a monster week for the Indians. He played a major role in the Indians’ 15-4 victory over the Royals with two homers. Over the week, he had a total of eight RBI, while launching three home runs. He walked four times.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Anyone who gets into the same sentence with him is obviously honored. You try to be a good person and a good teammate on and off the field. Everyone knows that’s what he was. He is a role model for that.” – Jason Kipnis on his Roberto Clemente Award nomination