Introducing Clevelinks, a new feature recapping the previous day or weekend’s Indians news and Wahoo’s on First commentary, as well as the best Tribe analysis from other sites.
- Five more non-rostered players earned invitations to Spring Training: Jesus Aguilar, Preston Guilmet, Matt Langwell, Roberto Perez, and Giovanni Soto. Aguilar, a first baseman with prodigious power, is the highest-profile of the group. Fans may also remember Soto as the return from the Tigers for Jhonny Peralta in 2010.
- Off the field, former baseball operations employee Andrew Miller has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Strategy and Business Analytics.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- In last week’s Wroundtable, we debated whether the Indians should trade Chris Perez.
- Jeff offered some thoughts on how baseball should expand instant replay.
- Terry Pluto looks at how Cleveland’s outfield defense has improved (and cites FanGraphs!).
- Susan Petrone from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” introduces the Tribe’s new position players.
- Michael Goodman from Indians Baseball Insider looks at the competition for the backup catcher job.
- Bob Toth from Did The Tribe Win Last Night? argues that the Indians don’t need a full-time DH, especially not Travis Hafner or Jim Thome. (I happen to disagree, but Bob makes a good argument.)
- Mike Brandyberry from DTTWLN? interviewed outfield prospect Tyler Holt.
Topics: Cleveland Indians