Welcome to Clevelinks, a new feature recapping the previous day’s Indians news and Wahoo’s on First commentary, as well as the best Tribe analysis from other sites.
- Jordan Bastian says Russ Canzler might finally be able to stick with his newest employers, the Baltimore Orioles.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Steve explained Terry Francona‘s most important Spring Training job: social coordinator.
- Merritt unleashed a surprising amount of pent-up rage about Slider. (Yes, Slider.)
- Stephanie Liscio from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” makes a Spring Training Bingo game.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s Michael Goodman offers an optimistic take on Justin Masterson.
- Voting is underway for the 2013 SABR Analytics Research awards yesterday at SABR.org, Baseball Prospectus, FanGraphs, and The Hardball Times. I am among the nominees in the “Contemporary Baseball Commentary” category (the second one on the ballot) for an article I wrote entitled “Did Hall of Fame’s Founders Want Voters to Judge With Their Eyes?”. If you like my work I would appreciate your support; either way, please take a few minutes to read and support some of the best baseball writing around.
Topics: Cleveland Indians