Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- Once again, Jon Heyman reports that other teams are calling about Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs and that Stubbs is likely to be traded despite the Tribe’s plan to keep him,
- The team announced its 2013 promotional schedule on Wednesday. The highlight: Omar Vizquel bobblehead night on July 8.
- In other fan-related news, Cleveland sold a month’s worth of season tickets Tuesday after the Michael Bourn signing.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Jeff expressed his reservations about the Michael Bourn signing.
- Brian kicked off his fantasy preview series by looking at Asdrubal Cabrera.
- Jacob Rosen at WaitingForNextYear debunks some myths about the Bourn signing.
- Chris Burnham from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” advises Cleveland fans to temper their optimism.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s DJ Sebastian shares some experiences from past Spring Trainings.
- Voting is underway for the 2013 SABR Analytics Research awards yesterday at SABR.org, Baseball Prospectus, FanGraphs, and The Hardball Times. I am among the nominees in the “Contemporary Baseball Commentary” category (the second one on the ballot) for an article I wrote entitled “Did Hall of Fame’s Founders Want Voters to Judge With Their Eyes?”. If you like my work I would appreciate your support; either way, please take a few minutes to read and support some of the best baseball writing around.
Shameless Self-Promotion, Part II
- Voting is also underway in our 2013 Cleveland Indians top prospects crowdsourcing project. Please take a few minutes to help us pick the most promising young players in the organization!
Tags: Cleveland Indians