Hope you had a nice weekend! Here are the Indians highlights from the last few days:
- The Boston Globe‘s Nick Cafardo hears that Chris Perez is staying put for now, but “it wasn’t long ago that the Dodgers had big-time interest in him.”
- Chris Antonetti gave an interesting interview on MLB Network Radio in which he discussed Justin Masterson, Zach McAllister, and Trevor Bauer.
- The namesake of my Wahoo’s on First fantasy team, Casey Kotchman, has signed a minor-league deal with the Seattle Mariners.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- In last week’s Wroundtable, we all kvelled about the Michael Bourn signing.
- Brian looked at Carlos Santana‘s 2013 fantasy value.
- Michael Goodman from Indians Baseball Insider looks at some of Cleveland’s highest-profile non-roster invitees.
- IBI’s Tony Lastoria wonders how the Indians will handle the massive payroll increase they’ll face in 2014.
- Steve Eby at Did the Tribe Win Last Night? profiles Scott Kazmir.
- Voting ends this week for the 2013 SABR Analytics Research awards yesterday at SABR.org, Baseball Prospectus, FanGraphs, and The Hardball Times. I am among the nominees in the “Contemporary Baseball Commentary” category (the second one on the ballot) for an article I wrote entitled “Did Hall of Fame’s Founders Want Voters to Judge With Their Eyes?”. If you like my work I would appreciate your support; either way, please take a few minutes to read and support some of the best baseball writing around.
Top Prospect Crowdsourcing
- Voting is also underway in our 2013 Cleveland Indians top prospects crowdsourcing project. Please take a few minutes to help us pick the most promising young players in the organization!