Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- Wondering how the Indians ended up bagging Michael Bourn? Bourn’s answer: The Twins. In dealing Denard Span to the Nationals and Ben Revere to the Phillies earlier in the offseason, he said Minnesota took two of his biggest suitors off the market. “I was looking at that like, ‘Man, are you serious?'”
- The Tribe announced that Carlos Baerga and John Hart will be inducted into the Indians Hall of Fame in June. At least it doesn’t open the Pandora’s box of baseball hypocrisy we had with Gaylord Perry.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Merritt tried to retcon the Indians’ last few seasons for if the team had had an unlimited payroll.
- Geordy started his 2013 top prospects list with No. 15: Jordan Smith.
- Stephanie Liscio from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” wonders if the Indians could match up with the Brewers in a trade in the wake of Mat Gamel‘s injury.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s Steve Orbanek chronicles the rise and fall of Scott Kazmir.
- Jon at WaitingForNextYear tries to temper enthusiasm for the 2013 Tribe.
Top Prospect Crowdsourcing
- Voting is also underway in our 2013 Cleveland Indians top prospects crowdsourcing project. Please take a few minutes to help us pick the most promising young players in the organization!
Tags: Cleveland Indians