Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- The Indians play their first Spring Training game of the season today! Here’s your starting lineup: Michael Bourn, Asdrubal Cabrera, Jason Kipnis, Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley, Carlos Santana, Mark Reynolds, Lonnie Chisenhall, Drew Stubbs (yeah, that’s not what I was expecting either). Giovanni Soto gets the start for the Tribe.
- Odds are Cleveland’s actual Opening Day lineup will look different from that one, but one thing will apparently remain the same: Carlos Santana will hit lower in the order than he has in the past.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Steve examined four minor-league free agents’ chances of making the Opening Day roster.
- Jeff offered some thoughts on the Indians’ new-look high-strikeout lineup.
- Rob Neyer has some ideas for things the Indians could re-name themselves.
- The Tribe Daily’s Nino Colla isn’t worried about Cleveland’s projected high strikeout totals.
- WaitingForNextYear’s TD came away from a Spring Training practice thoroughly impressed by the Indians.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s Jake Dungan sizes up the AL Central competition.
Top Prospect Crowdsourcing
- Voting is also underway in our 2013 Cleveland Indians top prospects crowdsourcing project. Please take a few minutes to help us pick the most promising young players in the organization!
Topics: Cleveland Indians