Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- Cleveland is up to 5-0 in Spring Training after a 14-10 win over the A’s. Justin Masterson threw two perfect innings, while Ubaldo Jimenez allowed two hits and a walk with two strikeouts in two scoreless frames. Michael Brantley lacerated his forearm, but the injury doesn’t sound too serious.
- The Tribe brass has confidence in Jimenez’ ability to rebound. More importantly, pitching coach Mickey Callaway seems to have done his homework and has a plan to fix Ubaldo.
- The Indians are likely to trade the out-of-options Ezequiel Carrera if he doesn’t make the Opening Day roster.
- Lars Anderson is on the move yet again as the Blue Jays claimed him off waivers from the White Sox (who had claimed him from the Diamondbacks, to whom the Tribe traded him in the Shin-Soo Choo deal).
- Finally, it took only six minutes for the Indians’ home opener to sell out Monday.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Lewie kicked off his 2013 Player Preview series with Carlos Santana.
- Evan took a preseason look at the Chicago White Sox.
- Nick explored what’s at stake for the fifth starter candidates this spring.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s Jim Pete wants readers to vote on the Tribe’s biggest move of the offseason.
- Mike Melaragno at Burning River Baseball tries to quantify the impact of Cleveland’s defensive upgrades.
- The Tribe Daily’s Nino Colla dispels the myth of Michael Bourn’s “settling” for a deal with the Indians.
Top Prospect Crowdsourcing
- Today is the final day to vote in our 2013 Cleveland Indians top prospects crowdsourcing project. Please take a few minutes to help us pick the most promising young players in the organization!
Topics: Cleveland Indians