Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- The Tribe pulled off another win Friday, beating the Brewers 4-2.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka and Matt Capps have officially missed out on making the Opening Day roster. Dice-K has accepted a minor-league assignment, while Capps is still weighing his options.
- The Indians are discussing contract extensions with Jason Kipnis and Michael Brantley, Ken Rosenthal reports.
- Chris Perez says he’ll for sure be ready to pitch again by Opening Day: “It’s not even a question.” However, Terry Francona says he’ll defer to the medical staff for that decision.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Katrina profiled Cody Allen‘s rise to the big leagues.
- Lewie continued his 2013 Player Preview series with Vinnie Pestano.
- Geordy kept going with his top prospects countdown with No. 9: Ronny Rodriguez.
- MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince offers a veritable smorgasbord of Indians analysis.
- Joseph Werner from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” thinks the team should take its time easing Scott Kazmir into the rotation.
- MLB Trade Rumors’ Steve Adams looks back at the 2011 Ubaldo Jimenez trade and concludes that it was bad for both the Indians and the Rockies.