Here are yesterday’s Indians highlights:
- The Tribe’s 2013 payroll could climb as high as $77 million, Paul Hoynes reports.
- Recent roster casualty Matt Capps is still mulling his options for 2013.
- Cord Phelps has impressed the team brass and has a chance to make the Opening Day roster. This is surprising given how little we’ve heard about Phelps over the last year or so.
- Former Indian John McDonald has been traded to the Pirates.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Brian wrote about how Scott Kazmir ran away with the No. 5 starter competition.
- Lewie continued his 2013 Player Preview series with Cody Allen.
- Steve argued that Chris Perez should open the season on the disabled list.
Tags: Cleveland Indians