Only four days left until Opening Day! Here are some links to get your weekend started:
- MLB.com has a projected Opening Day lineup for the Tribe, though it’s not clear what it’s based on.
- Count Chris Antonetti among those who think Cleveland can contend this year.
- A new award named for Bob Feller will be presented to an MLB player and a member of the U.S. Navy in November.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Brian wrote a manifesto explaining why Drew Stubbs‘ high strikeout totals aren’t important.
- In the latest installment of our preseason survey, we predicted who Cleveland’s best players will be this year.
- Lewie continued his 2013 Player Preview series with Bryan Shaw.
- Lewie challenged Terry Francona‘s announced strategy of encouraging hitters to swing in 3-0 counts.
- FanGraphs’ Jeff Sullivan unearths a fascinating statistic about Scott Kazmir.
- Ronnie Tellalian from Did the Tribe Win Last Night? looks at how more stolen bases will help the Indians.
- Indians Baseball Insider’s Michael Goodman looks at what to expect from Carlos Santana in 2013.
- Susan Petrone from It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” lists four storylines to watch this season.
Tags: Cleveland Indians