Happy Opening Day! Here are yesterday’s top Tribe links:
- Today is Opening Day for the Indians!
- The Progressive Field wind turbine has been taken down after it was damaged over the winter.
- Chris Perez, Vinnie Pestano, and Joe Smith know their roles pretty well. Not so much for the rest of the bullpen.
- Scott Kazmir will know his first opponents well—he played with them for six years.
- Former Indian Lars Anderson is on the move again. After Cleveland acquired him last July, the Tribe sent him to Arizona in the Shin-Soo Choo trade; he then went to the White Sox, then the Blue Jays, and now he’s back in Chicago. He and Russ Canzler must have logged quite a few frequent flier miles this offseason.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Jeff suggested five last-minute moves for Chris Antonetti to make before the season starts.
- Katie offered five reasons to get excited about the 2013 Tribe.
- Lewie continued his 2013 Player Preview series with Ryan Raburn.
- Geordy kept rolling with his organizational top prospects list with No. 5: Mitch Brown.
- Steve untangled the webs of how each member of the Opening Day roster came to the organization.
- Bleacher Report’s Tyler Duma looks at Cleveland’s biggest weaknesses for 2013.
- Jason Lukehart at Let’s Go Tribe looks at how Justin Masterson ranks among the Indians’ worst-ever Opening Day starters.
- WaitingForNextYear’s TD previews the Tribe’s position players.
- Susan Petrone at It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” previews the 2013 season—in verse.