Well, the second series of the season didn’t go as well as the first. Here are this weekend’s top Tribe links:
- Today is Opening Day at Progressive Field!
- Your final scores from Tampa Bay: 4-0 Rays, 6-0 Rays, and 13-0 Tribe. At least the last one was fun.
- Extension talks between the Indians and Jason Kipnis are on hold now that the season has started.
- Lou Marson proclaimed himself ready to play Sunday after suffering a cervical strain from a collision at home plate Saturday.
- Cleveland pitchers denied Rays manager Joe Maddon‘s accusation that Cody Allen intentionally beaned Evan Longoria Saturday.
- Nick Swisher described the chance to face his former Yankees teammates this weeks as “the jam.” I’ve heard people refer to things as a jam before, but never the jam. He must be really excited.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- In this week’s Wroundtable, we compiled 25 memes to express our thoughts at the start of the new season.
- Merritt previewed the series with the Rays.
- Lewie talked to DRaysBay’s Steve Slowinski about Tampa Bay.
- Burning River Baseball’s Mike Melaragno scouts Trevor Bauer‘s debut.
- Bob Toth from Did the Tribe Win Last Night? looks at the history of Yankees-Indians Opening Day matchups.
- WaitingForNextYear’s Jacob Rosen tells the story behind the Akron Aeros’ “new era.”
Tags: Cleveland Indians