Here are today’s top Tribe links after a weekend series win in Houston:
- After losing the first one 3-2 Friday night, the Indians routed the Astros 19-6 on Saturday and won the rubber match 5-4 on Sunday.
- Brett Myers has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with tendinitis. Corey Kluber will take his place in the rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up to take his roster spot.
- Speaking of injuries, Asdrubal Cabrera left Saturday’s game with a wrist contusion after slipping in the dugout before the game. He could be back in the lineup as soon as today.
- The Indians have an emergency drill scheduled for Tuesday at Progressive Field. It is unrelated to last week’s attacks at the Boston Marathon.
Wahoo’s on First Highlights
- Katrina made the case for not banning home plate collisions.
- Merritt wrote about his love of the 2013 Indians.
- Brian previewed the series with the Astros.
- Lewie talked to Climbing Tal’s Hill’s James Fegan about Houston.