Yesterday was a rough day to be a fan of the Cleveland Indians. Not only did they get swept by the New York Yankees thanks to an outstanding pitching performance by C.C. Sabathia, it was announced that closer Chris Perez is being investigated by authorities for drug possession following the delivery of a package containing marijuana to his Rocky River residence. The investigation casts a shadow of doubt over Perez’s future with the team. If evidence against Perez was found during a search of his home, he could be looking at felony charges. Here is what the internet is saying.
Cleveland Indians Links:
Paul Hoynes provides details about the case and how things have unfolded over at Cleveland.com.
- Tim Naida of ESPN Cleveland provides the Cleveland Indians’ response to the Perez investigation.
- Bud Shaw discusses the Perez situation in his Sports Spin article.
- Jordan Bastian and Zack Meisel detail the Perez investigation at Clevelandindians.com.
- The Guys talk to former editor Lewie Pollis in this week’s episode of Wahoo’s on the Mic.
- Jeff Mount discusses the attendance issue and why no one is showing up to the games.
- Katrina Putnam asks if it is time for Lonnie Chisenhall to return.
- Brian Heise interviewed his wife for this week’s Yankees series.
- Jason Kaminski at Did the Tribe Win Last Night remembers former owner Dick Jacobs.
- Jim Pete at Indians Baseball Insider discusses the Chris Perez situation in detail.
- Timothy Tripp talks about the Indians early season success and why it is no fluke.
- Let’s Go Tribe has a detailed timeline outlining the events of the Perez situation.