The Indians were victorious last night in their first game of an 11 game road trip, but it’s no time to rest on our laurels. They now find themselves 3.5 games back of the Tigers so there is plenty of work left to do. That said, here are some Indians related links to make sure you stay sharp and up to date on all things Indian related.
- Carlos Carrasco was optioned down to Triple-A in order to make room on the roster for T.J. House. The move was done to add depth to the bullpen and Carrasco may very well be called back up for Friday’s double header in Chicago.
- Brett Myers will return to the Indians eventually after missing time with an elbow injury but not in the role he originally signed on for. When Myers returns to the big league club it will be as a reliever. It’s not surprising considering how the arms that replaced him have staked their claim to a spot in the rotation.
- Mark Reynolds, who spent the past two seasons in Baltimore playing for the Orioles returns to Camden Yards for the first time. He’s excited for the opportunity to play in front of the fans and against former teammates he was so close with.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Jeff Mount asked if it is time to finally trade Ubaldo Jimenez. It’s yet another interesting debate concerning a player who has done nothing but spark debates since he has been in Cleveland.
- Evan Vogel broke down the Tribe’s roster over the years in an attempt to explain how they’ve gotten to where they are at as a team and an organization.
- In last week’s Wroundtable, we discussed out biggest surprises and disappointments for the 2013 season thus far.
- In case you missed it, Wahoo’s on the Mic recorded their ninth episode last week. They just keep getting better and better. Check it out.
Indians Analysis Links:
- Mike Brandyberry at Did the Tribe Win Last Night asks what the Indians should do with Mike Aviles once Asdrubal Cabrera is ready to return from the DL. Aviles has been playing well in Cabrera’s abscence, thus making it hard to say he should go back to the bench.
- Chris Burnham at It’s Pronounced “Lajaway” says that Cleveland is officially Tribe Town, at least for the time being. Time for the Indians to take advantage.
- Wondering who might make the all-star team from the Indians? James Keene from Indians Baseball Insider breaks down some of the more likely possibilities.