Today is the first day of the All-Star break. That means there isn’t a whole lot to talk about seeing as how there will be no games and not much in the way of transactions over the next three to four days. With that said, here are some Cleveland Indians links to help get you through this tough stretch that is widly regarded as one of the most boring in all of sports.
- Francisco Lindor took part in Sunday’s Future’s Game for the second time in as many seasons. The future sure does look bright with this kid, that’s for sure.
- Speaking of Lindor, MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince talks about the plethora of premium shortstops preparing to take their turn on the big stage of major league baseball.
- The Plain Dealer’s Bud Shaw talks about hoe the Indians will contend with the Tigers and also for your attention as the second half of the season plays itself out.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Despite technical difficulties over the course of three straight days, the crew brought you another awesome episode of Wahoo’s on the Mic.
- The staff discussed their favorite moments of the first half of the season for the 2013 Cleveland Indians.
- Brian Heise discussed Mark Reynolds‘ recent struggles and how the Indians should handle him moving forward.
- Bob Toth of Did the Tribe Win Last Night explains how the resurgence of Lonnie Chisenhall will play a huge role in the Tribe’s second half success.
- Jason Lukehart of Let’s Go Tribe explains Lindor’s promotion to Double-A Akron.
- Per Jacob Rosen of Waiting for Next Year, the Indians and Cardinals are once again discussing a deal for Asdrubal Cabrera that would send them back at least one top level prospect with the idea that Mike Aviles could fill in until Lindor is ready.