With the Indians currently struggling to find their way in the second half of the season, now seemed like as good a time as any to change the mojo around here with some Clevelinks. How exactly any of that is related is beyond my level of comprehension, but it had been a few days since we updated all of you about the goings on of your favorite team and now seemed like the perfect time. Among today’s top stories, a teenage phenom, more Mark Reynolds talk, and some reasons to remain optimistic.
Cleveland Indians Links:
- The Indians agreed to a contract with teenage, Cuban phenom Leandro Linares Gonzalez for $950,000. The 19 year old pitcher is supposedly a stud by many accounts. Is this a big win for the Indians?
We are all frustrated with the struggles of Mark Reynolds. Terry Francona can be included in that group. The Tribe skipper is waiting patiently for Reynolds to bust out of his slump and in the meantime has been finding opportune times for him to play.
- Paul Hoynes has reported that Danny Salazar‘s near future for the Indians could be in the bullpen. The Indians could always use another competent arm and following his splendid debut, Salazar definitely fits the bill.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Brian Heise commented on the Ryan Braun suspension and how we all need to realize there are more important things in life than baseball.
- Jeff Mount also weighed in on Mark Reynolds’ continuing struggles.
- Kyle Downing gives us ten reasons to be optimistic about the Indians in the second half of the season.
- The staff here at Wahoo’s on First debated whether or not the Indians would make the playoffs.
- Joseph Werner at It’s Pronounced Lajaway compares Jason Kipnis to Dodger phenom Yasiel Puig.
- Stephanie Metzger of Indians Baseball Insider profiles Indians prospect and Ton Hamiltion’s son, Nick Hamilton.
- The Seattle Indians… Could it really have happened? Vince Guerrieri of Did the Tribe Win Last Night gives us all a valuable history lesson.