The Indians had a rough go of it this past week. The Tigers offered them up more than they could handle and the Angels proved to be a more formidable foe than many anticipated. Because of the way the week unfolded the Indians are now in a much more difficult situation to make the playoffs than they were a week ago. That’s not to say there weren’t a couple of highlights among all of the lowlights. Case in point, Ryan Raburn‘s one inning of perfect relief work during Thurday’s blowout loss, which leads today’s edition of Clevelinks. (Refresh page if video players don’t load).
- Ryan Raburn pitched a perfect inning of relief on Thursday against his former team. Despite the disappointment of how the four game series played out, watching Raburn pitch added a moment of levity. However, the real highlight came when Raburn struck out Matt Tuiasosopo with an 89-mph heater.
- Terry Pluto of the Plain Dealer has an excellent piece on Rocky Colavito that celebrates the former Tribe slugger’s 80th birthday, his accomplishments, and his history as a member of the Cleveland Indians.
- Mark Reynolds was designated for assignment this week. After a hot april, Reynolds had struggled mightily. The Indians have 10 days from the designation to trade, release or outright him. Well, at least we’ll always have this moment.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Evan Vogel chimed in this week on Mark Reynolds being designated for assignment and offered his take on the matter.
- Jeff Mount argued that the Indians should shut down Trevor Bauer for his benefit and for the benefit of the Tribe’s future.
- Brian Heise provided the Cleveland Indians Power Rankings as the calendar flips from July to August.
- Ed Carroll provided an in-depth analysis of the recent two year extension given to Ryan Raburn.
- Ryan over at Let’s Go Tribe reminisced on Mark Reynolds and his spectacular month of April.
- David White of It’s Pronounced Lajaway offered his take on the Indians current situation and fighting through adversity.
- At Waiting for Next Year, Kirk ran a diary of Thursday’s game and shared his excitement with the rest of humanity when Ryan Raburn took the mound.
Indians Video of the Day:
Indians Sr. Vice President of Public Affairs, Bob DiBiasio, talks about Rocky Colavito and how the idea to celebrate his birthday at yesterday’s game came about in this short video.