Sometimes even the best laid plans completely fall apart. Such was the case last night, or should I say this morning. Because the Indians and Angels decided to partake in an extra innings marathon, on the west coast of all places, I was unable to write up a proper recap of what unfolded. At some point you just have to throw in the towel and say enough is enough. Of course, as I am writing this Drew Stubbs just launched a two run homer to left in the top of the 14th. Let’s hope that’s the game winner.
What do you need to know?
- Danny Salazar was great and allowed one run over 5.1 innings of work. The run came on a solo homer by J.B. Shuck on the second pitch of the game.
- C.J. Wilson was equally good. He also allowed only one run which came off of the bat of Carlos Santana in the top of the seventh inning.
- Both the Indians and Angels bullpens were spectacular. how else does a game last at least 14 innings? Of course, with both bullpens completely shot to hell in a hand basket, it will be interesting to see how today’s game plays out.
- Michael Bourn saved the game with a spectacular leaping catch against the wall in extra innings. If he doesn’t make the catch, the Indians lose.
- The Indians also worked their way out of a bases loaded, no out jam in extra innings. Somehow they found a way to keep the Angels off the board and prolonged the game even further.
- Drew Stubbs broke the 1-1 tie in the top of the 14th with a two run home run to left field. The home run put the Indians up 3-1.
- The Indians then scored a fourth run on a fielding error by the Angles that allowed Michael Bourn to race home from second base.