There is serious business afoot for the Cleveland Indians. They are creeping up on a potential playoff berth and as is normally the case, they are preparing for the possibility of a potentially (and hopefully) lengthy playoff run. That means we all get the chance to purchase “just in case” playoff tickets! Don’t act like you’re not excited by this development. The Indians may not have anything wrapped up yet at the moment, but we’re close. So very, very close. That topic and more is discussed on today’s edition of Clevelinks.
- The Indians are gearing up for the postseason and will begin selling playoff tickets on Monday at 10 AM. The sale will be open to the general public and will take place only at Indians.com/2013Postseason. Remaining tickets will go on sale on September 24 at Indians.com and at the Progressive Field box office and Team Shops. In related news, ticket scalpers and parking lot attendants are drooling over the opportunity to charge 17 times face value for their tickets and services.
- Ubaldo Jimenez has stopped paying attention to the radar gun and instead focusing on throwing his full arsenal of pitches. The strategy has translated into spectacular results, especially of late for the once highly touted flame thrower.
- Justin Masterson was recently named the Indians’ nominee for the 2013 Roberto Clemente Award. The award, named for the hall of fame right fielder for the Pirates, signifies a player who has made tremendous strides in leadership both on and off the field within the local community.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Brian Heise discusses Ubaldo Jimenez’s recent run of dominance and asks whether the pitcher has returned to his previous form.
- Evan Vogel asks if Carlos Carrasco‘s future is as a dominant reliever. It’s an interesting debate. One that is sure to play out next season during spring training.
- Do you enjoy Wahoo’s on the Mic? Well you’re in luck. Because of scheduling conflicts that are most likely the fault of Ed Carroll (just kidding, but seriously) the crew recorded to episodes in less than a week of each other. You can enjoy episodes 21 and 22 at your leisure.
- Brian Heise talked to Mike Vamosi from Kings of Kauffman as a preview for this week’s Indians-Royals series.
- Vince Guerrieri of Did the Tribe Win Last Night recently posted an article about Nap Lajoie and how he can compete with Honus Wagner in terms of ridiculous baseball card value.
- Jim Berdysz from Indians Baseball Insider discusses the attendance issue… again… and how it is casting a negative light on an otherwise positive season.
Indians Video of the Day: