Looking for the latest news and happening on your favorite Major League Baseball team? Well have no fear, we’ve got you more than covered. Here are the latest Cleveland Indians links from around the web.
- The Indians have hired Matt Quatraro to serve as the team’s assistant hitting coach for the 2013 season. It’s not the biggest and most important move the team could make, but it is a move none the less.
Chris Antonetti is busy looking to improve the Indians roster in 2014. This includes strengthening the rotation, which is set to lose Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir, and the bullpen, which has lost Chris Perez and possibly Joe Smith.
- Paul Hoynes discusses Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir and how the open market views their value. Needless to say, the dismal state of free agent pitching has probably helped inflate their value well past what the Indians are willing to spend.
- Terry Pluto explains why he voted for Terry Francona for AL Manager of the Year. And no, he did not vote for Francona because they share the same first name.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Michael Chaney believes the Indians should seriously consider signing both Josh Johnson and Jeff Baker. You can see both profiles here and here.
- Is Brian Wilson a legitimate candidate to be the Indians new closer in 2014? It’s possible but seems unlikely.
- Is there a plan B for Asdrubal Cabrera? There had better be if the Cardinals pursue a different option to fill their short stop needs.
- The 2013 Season Survey results are in. You can catch up with all four parts here, here, here, and here.
- Was Danny Salazar snubbed in the AL Rookie of the Year race? The Wahoo’s on First staff weighs in.
- Let’s Go Tribe argues why the voters got the AL MVP vote wrong again. You can voice your opinion on our facebook page.
- What does the offseason mean to the players? Did The Tribe Win Last Night attempts to provide an answer to that question.
- Did the Tribe Win Last Night is also continuing their 1948 season project. You can check it out here.
- Indians Baseball Insider talks about Corey Kluber and a few other offseason concerns.
- Yan Gomes as the everyday starting catcher? It seems like this is happening and It’s Pronounced Lajaway is all over it.