Debunking the Rumored Mark Trumbo Trade
There are a lot of rumors swirling around about the Cleveland Indians. Chief among them has been a proposed trade for Mark Trumbo. Different versions of this rumored trade have included the Indians trading the likes of Danny Salazar, Trevor Bauer, Francisco Lindor, Or even Corey Kluber. Well, apparently it’s nothing more than that. In today’s edition of Clevelinks, we start off with Jordan Bastian all but squashing the rumor of Trumbo spending 2014 in an Indians uniform.
- Jordan Bastian debunks the rumor of Mark Trumbo coming to Cleveland in his latest mailbag. Bastian claims that the Indians are in no position to be trading away starting pitching if they are also about to lose Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir via free agency.
- Noah Jarosh of over at SB Nation explains why the Angels are reluctant to trade their power hitting first baseman, Mark Trumbo.
- Bill Shaikin of the LA Times explains why Mark Trumbo is so highly coveted around baseball. Long story short… power.
- Paul Hoynes explains why Terry Francona deserved to win AL Manager of the Year. Mainly, Hoynes argues Francona was deserving because he did more with far less than anyone else.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Evan Vogel provides a list of minor league free agents that could be worth signing this winter. The list mainly contains guys why were once highly touted prospects that didn’t pan out that still have time to break out.
- In case you haven’t read it yet, Katrina Putnam explains why trading for Mark Trumbo makes sense for the Indians.
- Indians Baseball Insider provides an organizational depth chart for the Indians in 2014.
- Let’s Go Tribe has made Jason Kipnis the Indians 2013 MVP. This falls in line with results of our 2013 survey results.
- Bleacher Report has a list of potential offseason moves that the Indians might actually be able to pull off.
- Does Lonnie Chisenhall still have a bright future? Did the Tribe Win Last Night says yes.