Tis the season for giving. Two Cleveland Indians, one past and one current, showed what it means to give and have set a shining example for everyone to follow. Or rather, to follow to the best of our abilities. In today’s edition of Clevelinks, we lead things off with Justin Masterson and Jim Thome helping those less fortunate this holiday season.
- Justin Masterson traveled to Africa to help the charitable organization “Feed Their Future.” Masterson helped the group raise over $200,000 to help feed starving children in Africa. This surpassed the original goal of $140,000. (refresh if video player fails to load)
- Jim Thome, born and raised in Peoria, Illinois, recently donated $100,000 to help those who were affected by the tornadoes that recently devastated Washington, Illinois.
- In baseball related news, Paul Hoynes was asked in his most recent edition of “Hey, Hoynsie!” if he thinks the Indians will sign a #1 or #2 starters. Per Hoynsie, unless it’s via trade, the answer is probably no.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- In case you missed our series of Thanksgiving related posts, you can catch up on all of them right here.
- Jeff Mount argues that any instant replay should be used sparingly by Major League Baseball for the good of the game.
- Baseball Prospectus released their Indians Top 10 Prospect list.
- Is moving Carlos Santana to third base a good idea? We take a look at the potential impact of the move.
- The Indians have a lot to think about when it come to Justin Masterson’s future with his upcoming arbitration hearing.
- Jim Pete of Indians Baseball Insider gives thanks from the corner of Carnegie and Ontario.
- Did the Tribe Win Last Night says be thankful for the Cleveland Indians.
- Could the Indians be interested on Edward Mujica? Let’s go Tribe examines the possibility.
- It’s Pronounced Lajaway presentes the 2013 STOOPID Rankings for the Indians pitching staff.