Indians Highlights Plentiful on YouTube
Every day the MLB YouTube channel expands its library with great moments from it’s great history. Recently, I searched through the YouTube channel to find all of the different Indians highlights contained on the social media mega site. I was surprised to find out that the collection of Indians highlights is rather expansive. With that in mind here are five of the best Indians moments I could find and listed in no particular order. If you have a moment… or a few hours, it’s worth losing yourself in this collection of highlights. (Refresh the page if the video players fail to load properly.)
1. Indians Clinch AL Central Title in 1995: The Tribe clinched their first postseason appearance in decades on September 8, 1995. Looking back, it was one of the most exciting times to ever be a fan of the Indians.
2. Seagulls Give the Indians the Win: on June 6, 2009, a flock of seagulls in center field palyed a pivotal role in helping the Indians defeat the Kansas City Royals. It was quite possibly one of the quirkiest endings to any game ever.
3. Manny Ramierez Homers in Final At Bat of Final Game with Indians: Manny Ramirez had a great career with the Indians and it came to a great end. Too bad it happened about ten years too soon.
4. Tony Fernandez‘s Homer Gives Indians the Lead: In game 6 of the 1997 ALCS, Tony Fernandez homered in the top of the 11th off of the seemingly invincible Armando Benitez to send the Indians to the World Series.
5. Kenny Lofton Scores From Second on Passed Ball: Perhaps the defining moment of the 1995 season, Kenny Lofton came all the way around from second to score after Randy Johnson‘s pitch bounced out of Dan Wilson‘s glove. The run helped send the Indians back to the World Series for the first time in decades.