Winter Meetings Conclude
Well, the Winter Meetings have come and gone and with it a flurry of moves by a number of different teams. Unfortunately, with the exception of signing free agent first baseman, David Cooper, the Indians didn’t do much of anything. Yes, there are rumors of deals offered up to potential closers, but that’s about it. We will now have to sit back and wait to see just exactly how the Indians will improve their roster heading into 2014. Today’s edition of Clevelinks offers updates on the Winter Meeting as well as a few of the latest Indians rumors.
- According to Jordan Bastian, the Indians leave the Winter Meetings closer to adding both bullpen and starting rotation depth. They have placed several offers in front of key free agent targets but haven’t been able to hook anyone yet. Stay tuned.
Terry Francona has reportedly reached out to his ace, Justin Masterson, and has assured him that he isn’t going anywhere. It was reported earlier this week that the Indians were considering dealing Masterson if the price was right.
- Is Trevor Bauer the answer to the holes in the Indians starting pitching staff? According to a report by Paul Hoynes, Bauer has rebuilt his delivery and looks like the pitcher who was drafted third overall out of UCLA by the Diamondbacks. If Bauer is completely back, that would be huge for the Indians in 2014.
- Carlos Carrasco understand what is at stake this year for both him and the Indians. He wants to start and appears to be ready to take on the role he was brought here to fill.
- ESPN has video posted that recaps what went on at the Winter Meetings. You can check it out here.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Jeff Mount explains the David Strategy that the Indians appear to be implementing.
- Could John Axford be coming to the Indians?
- How about signing Bronson Arroyo? he’s both durable and entertaining on the mound. It would be worth the investment.
- Evan Vogel examines the possibility of Justin Masterson being traded and why it is a terrible idea.
- The Indians did not participate in the Rule 5 Draft, but the Rangers sure did. They have a new QB.
- Looking for potential Drew Stubbs trades? Well head on over to It’s Pronounced Lajaway to see what they propose.
- Is Jesus Aguilar a potential monster in the making? Burning River Baseball examines the possibility.