Tom Hamilton Honored With Award
In today’s edition of Clevelinks, we take a look at a laundry list of things going on with the Cleveland Indians. Even though they have been quiet on the free agent front, that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been a lot to talk about. We’ll start things off with the voice of the Cleveland Indians, Tom Hamilton. Hamilton was awarded the Ohio Sportscaster of the Year award for the sixth time in his illustrious career. It’s just one of the many Clevelinks for January 12th.
- The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association honored Tom Hamilton this week with the Ohio Sportscaster of the Year award. This is the sixth time Hamilton has won the award and was extremely honored. While Hamilton is one of the most easily recognizable radio play-by-play man in the country in any sport, it also helps that the Indians gave him so many exciting moments to give his patented calls to this season. From the staff here at Wahoo’s on First, Congratulations Tom Hamilton.
- Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian has begun going “around the horn” to analyze where the Indians stand at various positions around the diamond. The first position he tackles is at catcher where Yan Gomes will start while Carlos Santana will play the role of backup.
- Sports on Earth plays GM for a day and decides to take a look at the Cleveland Indians. They take a look at the 2013 Indians and how they got to the playoffs and what they think the team needs to do in order to improve.
- Baseball America takes a look at the Indians top 10 prospects heading into 2014. Numbers 1, 2, and 3 should come as no surprise to anyone.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Brian Heise provides both sides of the argument for keeping and getting rid of Asdrubal Cabrera.
- Michael Chaney ranks the entire Indians roster in terms of their importance to the team moving forward. It was a three-part series posted on Friday and takes an in-depth look at each and every player starting at #25 and moving all the way up to #1. Here are parts 1, 2, and 3.
- The WoF staff tells us which final move they would like to see the Indians make as we head towards the start of Spring Training.
- With all of the news surrounding Chief Wahoo this week, Brian Heise gives a brief history of this well-known, but controversial sports icon.
- Let’s Go Tribe explains how Major League Baseball saved the Yankees from themselves. Okay, so this isn’t Indians Analysis, but it’s a good story none the less.
- Stephanie Liscio of It’s Pronounced Lajaway explains whether or not the Indians are in on Masahiro Tanaka and whether or not they would have a shot at signing the highly coveted Japanese import.
- Did Baseball America get it right with their top prospect list? Indians Baseball Insider takes a look at their list and breaks it down.
- Did the Tribe Win Last Night is singing the praises of the fine 2013 season of Corey Kluber.