Clevelinks, Feb. 3
With each and every passing day, we get close and closer to the start of Spring Training. Along with that come player previews from any number of different sources. Even Wahoo’s on First will dive head first into the player preview pool when the time is right. In the meantime, the first previews are in and as you would expect, Jason Kipnis is leading the charge as the Indians best and most well-rounded player. That’s where we’ll kick off with today’s edition of Clevelinks.
- Indians.com has a link to player previews for fantasy baseball purposes. Jason Kipnis comes out on top as the #1 ranked Indian with a price tag of $27. Carlos Santana, Danny Salazar. Justin Masterson, and Michael Bourn round out the top 5.
- The trucks are all loaded up and on their way to Goodyear, Arizona. That can only mean one thing… Baseball is almost back! We’re that much closer to the return of the game we all love.
- Justin Masterson’s name is in the news again. This time, Paul Hoynes talks about trading the big righty and what we could expect to get in return for him should the Indians decide they want to make a deal.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Brian Heise wrote about a baseball he found in his parents’ basement. Why is this important? Keith Hernandez, that’s why.
- Who are the Indians most hated villains from over the years? Well, here is a convenient list naming just a few of the possible options.
- Should the Indians sign Ubaldo Jimenez? Steve Kinsella and Evan Vogel each argue the point.
- Geordy Boveroux, our prospect guru, analyzes Keith Law’s latest break down of top prospects and where Francisco Lindor and Clint Frazier fall in line.
- Does Jason Kipnis take too many pitches? Indians Baseball Insider examines whether or not this is the case.
- Ash Day from Let’s Go Tribe explains why Nick Swisher should be better in 2014 than he was in 2013.
- DId the Tribe Win Last Night takes a close look at the mix of different arms in the Indians 2014 bullpen.