Carlos Santana Has Embraced Undefined Role
The Indians season has gotten off to an up and down start. Just when they look like a legit contender, they lose three in a row or drop three of four to a division rival. It’s these types of early season struggles that can drive a fan base absolutely crazy. We just have to remember that the season is still young and a lot of baseball is still left to be played. With that in mind, we’re examining all of the latest news and happenings in the world of the Cleveland Indians with today’s edition of Clevelinks.
- Carlos Santana has fully embraced his new undefined role as the starting third baseman/backup catcher/cleanup hitter. His dedication to his new role has been admired and praised by everyone within the organization.
- Scout Bernie Pleskoff speaks highly of Indians’ minor leaguer Austin Adams in an article posted on Indians.com. He feels that Adams is a power arm that can have a significant impact in the Indians bullpen as early as 2014.
- Paul Hoynes of Cleveland.com reports that Michael Bourn will rejoin the Indians on Tuesday night in Detroit. The likely candidates to be demoted – C.C. Lee, Lonnie Chisenhall, Elliot Johnson, and Nyjer Morgan.
- Zack Meisel of Cleveland.com posted an interesting article on Monday. In it, he talked with several Indians players about how and when they learned that they had been traded to Cleveland. It’s a great read.
Wahoo’s on First Links:
- Last week, Brian Heise explained why the Indians might be at a crossroads with Vinnie Pestano.
- Here is our breakdown of the history of Chief Wahoo.
- Ed, Merritt, and Nick discuss all things Indians on the latest edition of Wahoo’s on the Mic.
- Carlos Carrasco is headed to the bullpen for a brief period of rest. He should make his next start after that.
- Stephanie Liscio of It’s Pronounced Lajaway talks about Trevor Bauer‘s tremendous start against the Padres.
- Tony Lastoria of Indians Baseball Insider talks about the issues that are bubbling to the surface after week two for the Indians.
- Jason Lukehart of Let’s Go Tribe picks out his Indian of the week for this past week of games.
- Mike Brndyberry of Did the Tribe Win Last Night discusses the issues with Carlos Carrasco and how is running out of options to remain with the Indians.