If you enjoy reading all of our in-depth analysis about games, player performance, and front office transactions, then you’re going to love listening to us ramble for hours on end about all things Cleveland Indians. That;s right, it’s the Wahoo’s on First podcast, appropriately title, Wahoo’s on the Mic. Join hosts Merritt Rohlfing, Ed Carroll, and Nick Houghtaling as they break down the Tribe in their own unique and sometimes cynical way. They tell it like it is and aren’t afraid of hurting some feelings along the way. Oh, and send them chips.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 1: Discussed in this episode are the wild world of Cleveland Indians starting pitching (What will we see next! Who knows!), the idea that right-handed hitting is, in fact, a great idea for baseball and where it will take us, and some crafty front office trade machinations.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 2: We couldn’t stop at just one, so here’s Episode Two of Wahoo’s on the Mic. Ed, Merritt and Nick delve into what they think make a leap and look back at missed prospects. Oscar Taveras is targeted for trade from the St. Louis Cardinals. It’s also great.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 3: The Three Wise Men forge ahead to analyze, discuss, complain about, and dissect a weeks’ worth of Indians baseball. Whether it’s the idea (mad, some might say) of extensions being handed out to one player or another, the departure of a beloved leader, the evolution of a future ace or the attendance woes at Progressive Field, Nick, Merritt and Ed go in like plumbers facing a hairball. It’s a good time!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 4: It was a brilliant week of baseballing for the Cleveland Indians, and Merritt, Ed and Nick sing the songs of winning and first place. With the return of Michael Bourn from the DL, what does this mean for an already explosive offense? And do we really have to talk Ubaldo again? Yes, yes we do. On a positive note, Scott Kazmir is featured and the bullpen worst case scenarios are focused on. And how about Lonnie Chisenhall, eh?
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 5: The latest edition of WotM sees three brilliant gentlemen break down a brilliant week of Indians baseball. The victory over Felix Hernandez puts the Tribe at 7-1 on the season against former Cy Young winners, not to mention how integral Justin Masterson has been in some of those wins. Speaking of which, he’s awesome. Also, Ed love Michael Bourn, Nick lovesFrancisco Lindor‘s makeup, and everyone loves Skaggs, the renegade cop who does things his way and also the pitcher for the Diamondbacks. Is it the best show yet? Maybe!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 6: Following a continuation of undying praise for the excellence of Trevor Bauer (this time in the recording booth), the Three Wise Men tackle the topics you care about. Whether it’s the disintegration of the bullpen, Nick Swisher‘s baby and ensuing offensive outburst, or some moves to improve the team, it’s all in there. Also, a protracted draft discussion, and for some reason an Eric Wedge mention.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 7: Ed, Merritt and Nick host the podcast you love, with guest and former editor of Wahoo’s on First Lewie Polis joining the fray. They reflect on his imperious leadership, then once he leaves there’s talk on the Tigers, Giambi, who would win in a fight between Aroldis Chapman andNick Swisher, and some other stuff, too! It’s another barn burner, folks.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 8: Though it happened a week ago, roughly, the boys would rather focus on the Draft and talk about the beautiful future of the Cleveland Indians than an eight-game losing streak. From the ceiling of Red Rocket, Clint Frazier, to other possible impact players and maybe guys we’ll see this year, the whole thing is dealt with. Geordy Bovoreux, Wahoo’s on First’s prospect man, joins the fray. We offend him with divergent opinions on Francisco Lindor. Also, JOHN MCDONALD!!! CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAS!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 9: Ed, Merritt and Nick are back at it in brisk fashion, making the hard decisions as to what to do with Scott Kazmir and if Carlos Carrasco has shaken his crazy ways. Plus, Kluber Kraze continues! And where the heck did Asdrubal Cabrera go? Where could the offense have disappeared to? This team needs to score a couple runs, and it can’t be all Jason Giambiand Mike Aviles carrying this squad. That’s just not fair to anyone. Could the Indians be contenders? FIND OUT! HERE!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 10: Following a rather delicious 4-2 week of baseballing, the TribeUmverate rejoin to discuss all that matters in the world of Wahoodom. Topics include all the fun new utility men the Indians have on the roster, stealing Miguel Sano, and wonderful pitches the Indians hurlers… hurl. And Ed will not shut up about the All-Star Game. But we still love him. And what’s up withCarlos Carrasco? Give the guy some consistency. Send questions![email protected] or hit us up on Twitter.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 11: First place by however much, tastes sweet. With a sweep in Chicago and the hope of good play in Kansas City, the Indians hope to cement themselves in the top spot for a while with the Tigers looming. But Asdrubal is back, Kipnis is destroying things it’s looking good. The panel takes a step back to look at the team, really take in the image that is finally complete for the first time since spring. It could be pretty, and anything that’s broke we find a way to fix. Rich Hill gets an uncommon amount of mention, fit for a king really. Enjoy!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 12: Even an attack by robots and the untimely temporary death of one of our hosts mid-show couldn’t stop us! Discussed: the hated Kittens of Detroit and the meaning of this past series, potential big money layouts to cornerstones, Matt Garza trade thoughts and even Esmil Rogers. Also, Johnathan Grey gets mentioned for some reason. Those damn robots man, I tell ya.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 13: The first half over, the boys look at Danny Salazar in all his glory, and whether he will be the key to the Indians playoff run, or a trade piece. It got whispered about somewhere, so trade destinations for Asdrubal Cabrera are discussed as well as the viability of Matt Garzacoming to Cleveland. After all, we all know how it went the last time the Indians tried to pick up a decent starter, and there’s more to lose this time. Also other stuff like hoodwinking Dayton Moore, everyone’s favorite pastime! And this time they avoid robot assaults!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 14: In which the Tribeumverate rejoin following the All-Star break an get excited about Zach McAllister and his obviously awesome impact. It raises the question, somehow, of the possibility of clandestine cloning operations in Major League Ball. They talk about a certain aspect of Nick Swisher that might help him at the plate, and they address the possible causes of the smiles and cries of the second half. Cryptic enough for you? Enjoy.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 15: Technical difficulties? No, too much awesome, and it took some extra corralling to get it ready for human ears. WotM has a busy week, welcoming Marc Rzepczynski into the fold and what he means for the bullpen, especially with the demotion of Vinnie Pestano. The mightiness of the rotation is likewise praised, and the continued unveiling of the darkest secret in Major League Baseball only goes deeper into the rabbit hole. And Ed has a time pronouncing things. He’s not a fan of Rzepczynski
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 16: Though the winning streak, short as it was, may be over the podcasters discuss in the midst of the big series against those boys from Detroit. Salazar starting and what that could mean down the road is delved into. The kid could be key to the playoff push. Also, theories on pitch count maintenance in relation to Salazar, the Indians staff and baseball, it gets a bit theoretical but still fun. And the world of the Wild Card and the Indians chances- It’s all here! Plus ANDY MARTE!!
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 17: In the wake of a disastrous homestand, at least one host gets worked up and near-disgusted with the team before sanity reigns again. Find out who! The decision making of the managerial staff is questioned then reaffirmed as brilliant after some kicking around, Ryan Raburn i fetted and Mark Reynolds is mourned. Also, with the return of Carlos Carrasco, Merritt and Ed are psyched, Nick remains skeptical.Could you ask for anything more ? Probably not.
- Wahoo’s on the Mic: Episode 18: The War Council convenes again to discuss a weeks’ worth of Indians baseball and more. How good can Yan Gomes be? What is the Indians’ shot at the wildcard? Does Scott Kazmir suck now? And which is better, Angels in the Outfield or The Mighty Ducks? All this and more! Plus, Nick went to his first ever Indians game and caught that Chisenhall homer! Watch the replay, that’s him in the white. By all rights, boss as hell.